Monday, March 5, 2007

The Golf Sneak - Post 2: Strategy

I'd like to describe my current strategy and see if there other's out there with good ideas. I try to stick to afternoon times during the week. The weekend is difficult but can be done especially at low quality municipal courses. I also look for starting holes or ninth holes that are not in the clubhouse's line of sight. Another very risky strategy is keeping golf cart keys and using them on later days. I haven't done enough research, but I think all E-Z-GO and Club Car keys are the same. Timing and marshall awareness seem to be the highest factors in sneaking on daily fee courses. You have to watch for major gaps between groups and look for other singles who are walking. 27 hole and executive courses are a favored target for me. 27 hole courses just blend out the crowd and more gaps seem to come up. Also, the clubhouse is usually not able to focus on all three starting holes. The least criminal form of sneaking on is playing extra holes after playing eighteen. This can be accomplished much easier if your second round begins in the late afternoon, preferably after the marshall has quit working.

As a minority, it is that much more difficult for me to obtain free golf from the ultra private courses. I can't just sneak on ultra private courses with nice clothes on. I have tried and have gotten caught. I find that it is necessary to have an accomplice. It helps to have an older, 40-50s, Caucasian male go with you and act like a member. At some ultra private courses, there are fences which have to be hopped over. I've found that there are always weak points to a courses fencing, even with barbed wire. I have used downed trees and tree stumps to climb fences.

No comments: